Chloe Allen

Chloe Allen

Chloe was at a pool party in May 2019 when she suffered sudden cardiac arrest while playing in the pool. Bystanders called 911 and administered CPR immediately. Due to a family history of Long QT syndrome type 1, her mother carried an AED which was ready to be used. However, the 911 operator advised against using the AED alleging Chloe was breathing, even though she was not breathing normally. Despite her mother’s efforts, parents at the party wouldn’t allow her to use the AED due to the 911 operator’s advice. Chloe passed away at just 5 years-old

In October 2013, Chloe’s 11-year-old brother went into cardiac arrest while playing an unsupervised game of flag football at schoolCPR was administered, but an AED was not available.