Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe

You Can Protect Young Hearts From The Leading Cause of Death on School Campuses

cabinet gif - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe

Estimated Impact By 2021

159

AEDs Placed

35

States

136,000

Hearts protected

Your Donation Will Help Us

$100

Place Automated External Defibrillators (AED) in Schools

$50

Provide AED Accessories & Educational Resources

$25

Implement a Cardiac Emergency Response Plan on Campuses

Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) is the #1 killer of student athletes and the leading cause of death on school campus. Yet, there is no national mandate to equip schools with Cardiac Emergency Response Plans and AEDs like there is for fire drills and fire extinguishers which are needed much less. 

The SCA survival rate has remained under 10% for 30 years because communities aren’t prepared to go beyond calling 911 and provide emergency intervention through hands-only CPR and using a nearby AED, which could increase the victim’s chance of survival to 90%!

As co-author with the American Heart Association and 12 national health and safety organizations of the national Cardiac Emergency Response Plan for Schools (CERP), Parent Heart Watch created this program to mentor school health professionals to implement a CERP on their campus, which in turn earns them a free AED and SCA prevention resources.

Testimonials

School Nurses
"Exceedingly helpful! The children are lucky, better protected (and possible alive) due to your hard work and dedication."

"The program was fantastic! I always received prompt support when I reached out with a question."

"This program was 100% supported by our administration. Our school had wanted an AED for quite a while and your grant provided us with that opportunity. We are beyond grateful!"

"Local fire department happy to have this emergency response team at school."

"I did get push back from my principal that an emergency plan was already in place. She was shocked at how vague our supposed plan actually was."

"Our school and staff were totally on board and ready to do whatever it took to better our school and the safety of our kids."

National Association of School Nurses
"NASN is pleased to join forces with Parent Heart Watch with their launch of Get Charged Up. PHW helps school nurses educate students and families and in the event of an emergency, more first responders will be prepared with rapid access to the AED."

SHAPE America
"Parent Heart Watch has been an excellent resource on SCA prevention in youth, and have piloted a successful partnership to engage health and physical educators in championing cardiac emergency response plans in schools."

image GetChargedUpPhoto1 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
image GetChargedUp Dino 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
image GetChargedUpPhoto2 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
image GetChardedUp MayflowerNurse 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
image GetChargedUpPhoto3 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
image GetChargedUp StudentTraining 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
image GetChargedUpPhoto4 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe
iimage GetChargedUp CERTeam 800x550 - Help Us Keep School Communities Heart Safe

Program Partners